Unfortunately accidents happen.

That's why Cake is here to help you get the care you need.


We're here to help you navigate making a claim.

What should I do when an employee is injured?

When an injury happens to an employee at work, the most important thing is getting them the care they need quickly. A list of designated medical providers will be shared upon reporting the injury, so the employee can seek treatment.

If the need is urgent, always seek the nearest hospital emergency room immediately. The later treatment can be handled by a designated medical provider.

How do I file a claim for an injured employee?

To file a claim, log into the Client Portal and click "Report an Injury" on the left navigation bar. From there simply follow the on-screen steps.

First Report of Injury Form
Upload failed. Max size for files is 10 MB.
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.

You can call (833-230-2253) or email our Client Care team if you have any questions about filing a claim or the claims process.

How do I check on an existing claim?

For claims already filed, employers and employees should check with our claims partners directly.

Cake partners with Pinnacol Assurance to handle claims. Pinnacol will manage the details of continued treatment, claim closure and return to work.

This is where employees can check their claims status as well.

The bottom line, Cake handles policy management. Our claims partners handle the claims process. We'll get you started, and they'll guide you through the details of getting the care your employees need.